Become a Member!
Why should you join the Waterloo Potters Workshop?
- Studio space to create wonderful pots, with use of wheels, slab-roller, kilns, and access to glaze materials at a reduced cost.
- Access to classes and workshops given by experienced potters
- An opportunity to participate in bi-annual sales
- To be part of a group that educates and supports arts in Waterloo Region
- To meet fellow potters and learn from each other
- Have a say in the running of the workshop and vote at our Annual General Meeting
- Monthly newsletter
- Membership at Clay & Glass
- Because it’s FUN!
Responsibilities of Membership
Our workshop only functions with the contributions of each member.
Each member is expected to:
- Contribute a minimum of 2 hours per month or 24 hours per year to a membership job. Almost all of these jobs require the member to be in Waterloo at the workshop regularly.
- Each member is expected to fill one 4hr shift at each of the semi- annual sales (or 2 shifts if they are participating in the sale).
- Every member is required to contribute a (2-3 hour) shift to Spring Cleaning or Celebrate Summer.
- Members are to adhere to the rules/guidelines for the use of the workshop to make it an enjoyable and usable space for all.
How to become a member
Experienced Potters- Established potters can submit work showing their proficiency and then apply for membership.
Beginning Potters- Those who have completed both our introductory hand building and wheel classes (or who have taken classes elsewhere and can show basic knowledge) can apply for membership.
Associate Members- Associate members receive the monthly newsletter and may participate in member workshops or classes. They do not participate in the membership jobs or the semi-annual sales.
Members are received 3 times a year, June1, October1 and February 1, at a pro-rated fee. The membership form must be submitted with the appropriate fee (download below).
New members are oriented to the workshop, the equipment, supplies and the membership jobs. After 6 months successful completion of a probation period, the new member is given 24/7 access to the workshop.
Download the Membership Application Form and send it in.
For more information please contact Harriet Falk at 519-744-2927 or Denise Rainville at membership(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)waterloopotters.ca.