Member Classes and Workshops
Classes and Workshops just for members are run throughout the year to expand members’ abilities and experience with clay.
Classes are taught by members of the workshop and can vary in required skill level from new potters to those with many years experience looking to expand their skills. They may be one evening or cover several weeks depending on the program. Past classes have included Wheel II, Handbuilding II, Decorating Techniques, Slab Room equipment (slabs, extruder, spray booth), Teapots, Glazes, Photographing your pots, and more.
Workshop opportunities with visiting potters are special and should be taken advantage of as a unique learning opportunity. In the past we have been privileged to have an amazing array of professionals share their talents and experience with us. No matter your skill level, you will gain new abilities. Contact the Workshop Convenor for requests and suggestions. Fees are dependent on the workshop program. Most workshops are run on a weekend for one or two days.
Upcoming Classes and Workshops for Members
Take a deeper look at constructing clay work from slabs
by Hette Hillsdon
Tuesday, April 2 to 23
evenings from 7:30pm to 10pm
Minimum 7 students, maximum 8 students
- Tumblers & mugs
- Lidded boxes
- Stretched, textured slabs...vases and wall pieces
- Patchwork - bowls, platters, "extra attachments..."
Participants please bring these items:
- Your usual stoneware or porcelain clay
- Hand building tools to cut and texture slabs (rolling pins would be helpful)
- Paper or cardboard (large cereal boxes...), pencil, ruler, geometric compass for making patterns
- Bisque or plaster molds (bowls or platters) would be useful for class 4
Please sign up on the sheet provided in the Member Classes drawer in the Workshop kitchen. Please secure your spot in the class by leaving a post dated cheque. Thanks.